Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Lull in the Action

Happy Hour Beer at Southport Raw Bar
where we dock the dinghy
It’s not that we haven’t been enjoying the cruising life but I realize that I"ve barely taken a picture all week.  What’s that all about?!  We’ve been in Lake Sylvia since Monday night (almost a week ago already) and we’ve done dinner out at Rocco’s Tacos, had a BBQ at Justin’s where we scorched some ribs, had a sundowner with a neighboring boat in the harbor, Justin brought his boat over to raft up with us one night here and spent the morning enjoying leisurely coffee and breakfast . . . and finally, last night, Judith and Kev came to spend the evening and we had a blast catching up since our last encounter several months ago.  SO – pics?

Mini cannon reproduction that fires
off wine corks.  More sundowner fun! 
It would appear that I’m losing my touch.  Maybe this is all becoming so “normal” that I’ve forgotten we’re still on a wild adventure!  Maybe it’s that although we’re having great fun and different experiences, there’s nothing SO out of the ordinary that I’m shaken to awareness to grab the camera.  Who knows!  But I must say that as I sit here, I’m sorry I didn’t. 



Rob with Sebastian, our new
anchorage neighbor.
It HAS been a great week and we’ve been so enjoying contact with the friends we’ve made and we haven’t had an idle moment.  I spent yesterday cleaning and refitting the main salon and other areas while Rob worked on installing new equipment we purchased at the boat show to further ensure our safety.  We’ve gone into town numerous times for errands and such, lugging two heavy pieces of engine equipment that we had taken in for repair – my NEW exercise routine.  HA! 

Thoughts of home are increasing with things like the tax return and renting the house as of April have begun to require some energy.  There are trips to plan to French Quarter Festival in New Orleans with my Mom, Rob's 60th coming in June (look for details to come!) and other home-side distractions that are now taking the forefront.  Looks like we're on our way . . . home.

Another Lake Sylvia Sunset
There’s certain to be great adventure yet to come – we have numerous offshore legs and several new anchorages yet to experience before finishing the long journey to Charleston – all bound to provide some good stories.   For now, however, we’ll just continue to enjoy the friends we’ve made, the sunsets, and the current “lull” in the action without the need to hang onto our seats!

No comments:

Post a Comment