Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Thoughts of Home and More

So I posted blog last night and almost got out of bed to change what I said.  The reality of what was going on the past few days has much less to do with Christmas presents than being away from my kids this Christmas.  So that's the TRUTH.  Some times I find myself writing what I think I should say for the readers benefit but today I just wanted to put it out there how things are.  So here's to my boys.  They're the best, you know.  I've got the proud mother syndrome going on strong. 

As for today - geesh, I didn't take one picture and am really ready to move on.  When we pulled in here I thought I would never ever feel like moving again.  The power of passing time.  But it's time to go.  The days have become a bit monotonous with projects and repairs the order of the day.  First thing this morning, the holding tank for the heads overflowed.  Just imagine - sewer backup at anchor.  Yup, beautiful!  Poor Rob takes the brunt of almost every problem around here.  I feel him and blog to you all and he figures out how to deal with an overfull holding tank.  Guess I have no reason to be blue, eh?!  Pictures just didn't seem like the right way to go on that one . . .

I did manage to get about 15 packages out this morning at the post office, my big accomplishment of the day.   Made me feel more Christmas-y.  And we had lunch at the Southport Raw Bar today with our little credit.  They have an outdoor grill going each weekday and they put out some MEAN grilled veggies - I had a double order ($4 - pretty awesome!).  Then we did our obligatory project day 2 mile walk to West Marine.  I did however score some goodies for myself.  I got a stecp to climb into our berth easier and a sun shower which is essentially a five gallon black plastic bag that heats up on deck during the day and then sprays out of a hose for a deck shower upon use.  (yup, my new version of "goodies")  We can just hang it in the regular shower stall on board and it should definitely be a help when we haven't run the engine and have no hot water from now on.  The final project of the day was the biggie that needs to be finished tomorrow so we can head out Thursday.  We're installing a wind generator and it's a nightmare of poles/fittings/screws/mounting plates and inadequate instructions.  Wish us luck tomorrow!  Today's start didn't go so well . . .

Since not much is going on, I thought I might try something a bit different today.  I LOVE the sunrises and sunsets.  I MISS my boys.  I LOVE meeting new people.  I MISS my familiar friends.  I LOVE the sway of the water and the quiet at night.  I MISS yoga and exercise!  I LOVE having to make do with less than usual of just about everything from food items to lighting in the cabins to power supply but I really do MISS hot water for dishes and showers.  I LOVE overcoming the fears and uncertainties.  I MISS dragonboating, gospel choir, book club.  I DON'T MISS docking in Ashley Marina!  Ha!   I LOVE seeing all the Christmas lights from the water view.  I MISS my usual Christmas tree and holiday rituals.  I LOVE writing this silly thing and hearing from you!

1 comment:

  1. Oooooo....bring me a floating coconut and we will practice balancing with it in yoga class!

    Sarah Yoga Instructor

    ReplyDelete